South By Southwest Video HIghlights
There is something magnetic, vulnerable, dangerous, and electric about Angela Perley that has been causing a lot of buzz around the artist and her band The Howlin’ Moons lately. Demure and quiet off stage, the performer usually shocks people when she tells them she is the lead singer in a band. “Putting on a show is my way of being heard, I guess,” says Perley.
Growing up in small town Ohio, Perley spent years as an observant wallflower engrossing herself in poetry, literature, people, and films. “I am a storyteller at heart, always have been. I get a lot of inspiration from relationships, surroundings, poetry, and old movies. Music for me is a way to express feelings I can’t get out any other way, and when I hit the stage with the band I can turn up and let go.”
Perley’s band features longtime friends Billy Zehnal and Chris Connor on bass and lead guitar and Jeff Martin on drums. Since their incarnation in 2009, the band has released four EPs (Black Cat, Yellow Moon, Fireside, and Nowhere is Now Here) and one album (Hey Kid) on Vital Music USA. The group’s latest release and debut album, Hey Kid (Jan 2014), has been catching praise in the U.S. and the UK from tastemakers including American Songwriter Magazine, Magnet Magazine, PopDose, Americana UK, Twang Nation and more and has been gaining steady grassroots radio play in both the U.S. and Europe. The group’s explosive single, “Hurricane” was featured on ABC during the USC vs. UCLA football game in November and their new record reached number six on the EuroAmericana charts in March of 2014.
Perley has earned comparisons to everyone from Joan Jett to Patsy Cline and her range of delicate reverb-laden crooners to grit- fused rock anthems have made more and more listeners take notice. The band’s live shows rumble with swaggering basslines and guitar riffs and Perley’s soulful delivery and charismatic stage presence create a memorable experience for audiences eager to listen.
The #Best Country Music – #country #countrymusic #musicnews #MusicVideos
Music News Headlines
- Watch Haim Celebrate Hanukkah With Festive, Funky New Song
- Watch Fascinating New Trailer for David Bowie Doc 'The Last Five Years'
- David Byrne Plots 2018 Tour
- Daily Glixel: Holiday Cheer Edition
- Watch Ty Dolla $ign's Surprisingly Tragic 'Side Effects' Video
- Kacey Musgraves Plots 2018 Album 'Golden Hour'
- Growing Number of Congress Members Call for Action Over Trump Assault Allegations
- Death of a Porn Star
- Watch Screaming Females' Exquisite 'Deeply' Video
- The Game Awards Audience Triples to 11.5 Million Livestreams in 2017
- G-Eazy Plots 'Beautiful and Damned' Tour
- 'GTA Online' Now Has a Frank Ocean Radio Station
- In Praise of 'American Vandal': TV's Sleeper Hit of the Year
- Jessica Chastain Worried Speaking Out Would Destroy Her Career
- Latest Student Loan Debacle Is Ultimate Example of Trump's Campaign Con
- Hear Paul McCartney's Long-Lost Experimental Christmas Mixtape for Fellow Beatles
- Watch Alex Karpovsky in MGMT's Macabre New Video For 'When You Die'
- Shoom: An Oral History of the London Club That Kicked Off Rave Culture
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Review: This Is the Epic You've Been Looking For
- The Cure Enlist Interpol, Goldfrapp for 40th Anniversary Celebration
Music News from MTV
- Can Champs Vs. Stars Newbie Tori Beat The Odds And Fight Until The End?
- Haim Are Coming For Adam Sandler’s Crown As Queens Of Hanukkah Music
- Lil Uzi Vert Talking To Kids On A School Bus Is The Feel-Good Video Of The Day
- Zendaya And Zac Efron Make Trapeze Fails And Body-Slams Look Graceful: Watch
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals That He Got His First Call From Dr. Dre In A Chili’s
- 7 Inspiring Quotes That Got Us Through 2017
- Here’s Every Music Video Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall, And Zayn Made In 2017 — Ranked
- Lily Allen Returns To Cast Out All The Toxic People On ‘Trigger Bang’
- SZA And Chance The Rapper Need To Go On Tour Together After This Performance
- Liam Payne Boldly Admits He Can Do Beyoncé’s ‘Single Ladies’ Dance
- PRETTYMUCH Throw It Back To The ’90s In Their “No More” Video
- Big Sean Raps About Rosa Parks, Trump, And Ciroc On The Tonight Show
- PRETTYMUCH And French Montana Throw A Chill House Party In ‘No More’ Video
- Hear Kendrick Lamar And J. Cole Rap Together For The First Time Since 2013
- Harry Styles Gets Into The Holiday Spirit By Kissing James Corden On The Lips
- Morning Bop: PRETTYMUCH Would Want You To Go Into Your Day With “Open Arms”
- 17 TV Couples Who Made Our Hearts Flutter In 2017
- MTV Floribama Shore: Is The House Being Too Hard On Kayla Jo?
- Teen Mom OG Split: Amber Reveals Why She Broke Up With Matt
- The Rock Reveals He’s Going To Be A ‘Big Daddy’ Again