Pre-order Taylor Swift’s new album, reputation, including “…Ready For It?,” here: http://smarturl.it/reputationTS
Taylor Alison Swift (born December 13, 1989) is an American singer-songwriter. One of the leading contemporary recording artists, she is known for narrative songs about her personal life, which have received widespread media coverage.
Born and raised in Pennsylvania, Swift moved to Nashville, Tennessee at the age of 14 to pursue a career in country music. She signed with the label Big Machine Records and became the youngest artist ever signed by the Sony/ATV Music publishing house. Her self-titled debut album in 2006 peaked at number five on the Billboard 200 and spent the most weeks on the chart in the 2000s. The album’s third single, “Our Song”, made her the youngest person to single-handedly write and perform a number-one song on the Hot Country Songs chart. Swift’s second album, Fearless, was released in 2008. Buoyed by the success of pop crossover singles “Love Story” and “You Belong with Me”, Fearless became the best-selling album of 2009 in the United States. The album won four Grammy Awards, with Swift becoming the youngest Album of the Year winner.
Swift was the sole writer of her 2010 album, Speak Now. It debuted at number one in the United States and the single “Mean” won two Grammy Awards. Her fourth album, Red (2012), yielded the successful singles “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” and “I Knew You Were Trouble”. With her fifth album, the pop-focused 1989 (2014), she became the first act to have three albums sell a million copies within one week in the United States. Its singles “Shake It Off”, “Blank Space”, and “Bad Blood” reached number one in the US, Australia, and Canada. The album received three Grammy Awards, and Swift became the first woman and fifth act overall to win Album of the Year twice. The 2015 eponymous concert tour for 1989 became one of the highest-grossing of the decade. “Look What You Made Me Do”, the lead single from her sixth album, Reputation (2017), topped the UK and US charts.
As a songwriter, Swift has received awards from the Nashville Songwriters Association and the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and was included in Rolling Stone‘s 100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time in 2015. She is also the recipient of 10 Grammy Awards, five Guinness World Records, one Emmy Award, 21 Billboard Music Awards, 11 Country Music Association Awards, eight Academy of Country Music Awards, and one Brit Award. Swift is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold more than 40 million albums—including 27.8 million in the US—and 130 million single downloads. She has appeared in Time‘s 100 most influential people in the world (2010 and 2015), Forbes‘ top-earning women in music (2011–2015), Forbes‘ 100 most powerful women (2015), and Forbes Celebrity 100 (2016). She was the youngest woman to be included in the third of these and ranked first in Celebrity 100, and was also one of the finalists for Time Person of the Year in 2014.
The Best #TaylorSwift #songs and #videos
Music News Headlines
- The Best (Overlooked) Games of 2017
- Miley Cyrus: Eight Great Covers That Reveal Her Range
- Rihanna, Kim Kardashian West Rally for Cyntoia Brown
- Daily Glixel: 'Hellblade' Sells 500K Copies in Three Months
- Black Friday: The Complete Guide to Video Game Deals
- 'Godless': Why Netflix's Brutal, Timely Western Is a Must-See
- You Can Hire Pro 'Call of Duty' Players to Play the Game For You
- Black Friday: Steam's Autumn Sale Is Live With Games Up to 90 Percent Off
- Old Crow Medicine Show Plot New Year's Eve Concerts, Sing With Kesha
- Michael Bisping Fights 21 Days After UFC 217 Title Loss: Ballsy or Boneheaded?
- God Save Us From the Trump-LaVar Ball Battle
- Valve is Updating Steam to Calculate Helpfulness of User Reviews
- A Soul Queen Says Goodbye: Inside Sharon Jones' Final Album
- See Wheeler Walker Jr. Lampoon Snapchat Porn in 'Pictures on My Phone'
- 'Call Me By Your Name': The Story Behind the Most Romantic Movie of the Year
- See Chris Shiflett's Scorching Live 'West Coast Town' Video
- Vanilla 'World of Warcraft' Proved Great Stories Don't Necessarily Make Great MMOs
- Ex USA Gymnastics Doctor Larry Nassar Pleads Guilty to Criminal Sexual Conduct
- Watch Sia's 'Santa's Coming for Us' Video With Kristen Bell, J.B. Smoove
- 'Coco' Review: Pixar's Day-of-the-Dead Gem Is as Lively as They Come
Music News from MTV
- Turn Up At The Thanksgiving Table With This “Thank Me Later” Playlist
- Morning Bop: Throwback Thursday Thanksgiving Edition With Fall Out Boy
- The Drop, Week 8: Björk & Sufjan Stevens Are All You Need In This World
- Are You The One? Mean Girls: Are The Ladies Being Too Hard On Geles?
- Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter Responds To Rape Accusation
- Kat Graham Talks About Her Relationship With Prince & Representation In The Comic World
- Olivia Holt Shined Her Star Power On TRL
- Jordan Fisher Danced His Way Into Our Hearts on TRL
- Safaree Samuels Is Thriving, But Still Misses Nicki Minaj
- What Really Happened At Standing Rock
- Did Miley Cyrus Inspire The Cover Art For N.E.R.D.’s New Album?
- Camila Cabello Delivers The Solo Album Update You’ve Been Waiting For
- Josie & The Pussycats Are Way More Than A Fictional Band — Just Ask Kay Hanley
- Maci And Catelynn Are Giving Thanks For Their Teen Mom OG Cohorts
- You Can Now Own One Of Lana Del Rey’s Vintage Dresses
- Morning Bop: Charli XCX Mornings Are Always A Rager
- In Defense Of Stranger Things‘ Sweet, Sensitive Will Byers
- Johnny Bananas And Jimmy Fallon Share A Special Bananas Connection
- Do The Champs Have This Challenge Season In The Bag?
- Challenge Reunion: Veronica Lashes Out at Aneesa For Revealing Private Relationship
Republished by Blog Post Promoter